Thursday, August 14, 2014

Age - Does it Matter?

A point raised a thousand times in such a short amount of time in my life - 'You may like it now, but will you in forty years time?'

In other words, people think that I'm gonna regret my decisions because I'm too young to make these ones yet. Well, why else would you be able to get tattooed when you're eighteen? That's what I've never understood.

This got me thinking. When is a good age? Twenty, forty, sixty? When does that element of regret diminish in someone's mind? If you ask me, if you don't regret it within a few months, then chances are that regret will never come. (That's actually been psychologically proven, too!) As long as you're sure, you should be able to have a tattoo at any age. You never know, in a few years you may not be able to have it for some unknown reason, so why wait?

I've spend £160 so far (being away from my parents, it would have been much, much more) on my three tattoos, soon to be four. I've been 18 for less than a year, yet I love my ink more than anything! I get so excited when someone comments, even if it's negative. That reputation thing people keep talking about within the points about regret is absolute bullshit, and I can prove that. I love every comment I get, and when they're negative, I talk the person down with my reasoning. Some people have even converted their thoughts!

I guess the age thing is a generation movement at the end of the day. All these people who are subjective with their thinking about young people getting tattooed have probably been brought up that way, whereas we've grown up around a building tattoo acceptance. Moreover, I really do think it's easier when you're young. Sorry world, we win this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment